Sunday, September 22, 2013

Projects Update

It's been a while since we had a full projects update, so here we go;

This post is going to reference my job's break (or offseason) at several points, which officially starts on October 30th. I will be off from my job starting that day until early/mid February (unless I decide to work another job during that time). As I've stated before, like last year, during this time there will be much more releases than we've seen these past several months, due to my off time. My hope is to clear as much of our backlog as possible.

If a series name is blue, that means that the series lacks a permanent translator, and will see no releases, or only see random releases throughout out my offseason.

Ongoing Projects
Billionaire Girl - Due to the stalled nature of the project, another group picked up the series. While I can't say I'm too happy about it, I'm not all too disappointed. They're doing an alright job on it, and as much as I want to do the series, there's no way we could keep their pace. Due in part to both our completely packed lineup, and how busy Kanapox, the raw provider for us is, leaving little time for scanning. So, after chapter 7 we will be dropping the series, and leaving it to Kumori, much to my chagrin.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge - Work on this has been going quite steadily for some time now, and I'm rather happy about that. We'll be switching over to HQ scans in a few chapters (starting on chapter 32)

Harvest December - My current plan is to finish this series as well during my offseason. Chapters 6-7 were translated by roankun, just leaving 5 chapters until the scanlation is complete after that.

Hatoko-san to Rabukome - Demo will be scanning and translating the final 4 chapters of this during my offseason.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. - The cleans for chapter 23 are done sans a spread in the chapter. The pages with redraws have also been sent off to Josh.

Highschool of the Dead - It's been a considerably long time coming, but we'll finally be getting this out during my offseason at some point. I've asked someone I know to clean the chapter, and if they don't want to do it, I've got a few others I can ask, so hopefully one of them will accept.

Itoshi no Karin - I've received the cleans for chapters 1-4 of Karin, and the pages with redraws have been sent off to Josh. Once they are complete, we will be releasing all 4 chapters at the same time. The latest chapter is 5, with chapter 6 to be released in a few days, and we'll be working to get caught up on it after the 4 chapter release ASAP.

Kigurumi - At the moment, we don't quite know who'll be translating the remainder of the series, it ends at chapter 5, but at some point during the offseason, release(s) will come out, and I hope to finish it.

Mayo Chiki! - Waiting on a response from simhauu on the status of chapter 31+ translations. The cleans for 31+ will be starting soon, and as the series will be ending soon, I'm hoping to finish the scanlation sometime during my offseason.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai kara kuru Soudesuyo? - We'll be releasing chapters 1 and 2 of this during my offseason, but past that we lack a translator at all for this. We don't have raws past that yet either. Still need to get them from the RP.

No Game No Life - Chapter 5 is translated, although ER is waiting on the TLC before sending it my way. The cleans/redraws are in progress, but I'm told it'll be a bit until we get them as the redrawer is busy.

Nozomi x Kimio - Scanlation is currently caught up on this series. Chapter 14 comes out in Japan next week.

Nyotai-ka - We're still going to be doing this despite another group grabbing it. Though, we lack an actual translator for the series, so releases will be a bit sporadic during my offseason.

Ore to Ichino no Game Doukoukai Katsudou Nisshi - Chapter 5 is mostly clean, but as roankun won't be doing this series anymore, I don't really know when we'll be able to get to finish this series anymore.

Puppy Lovers - Haven't heard anything about TLs/Cleans past chapter 20, so no news on this at the moment.

Seishun Pop! - Since unc has created his own group, and is more or less no longer a member of RZK, chances are this won't be considered a joint with us anymore. I don't have confirmation on that, but don't be surprised if the series is moved out of the Ongoing projects list.

Sexual Hunter Riot - Chapter 13 has been cleaned, and is almost entirely redrawn. Translation will come some point soon, and once I get the TL, it will be released. Also, starting from chapter 13, we will be releasing the series as a joint with Loli Brigade Scans.

Sora no Otoshimono - Scanlation is currently caught up on. Chapter 74 comes out on October 26th, and we will be working as fast as possible to get it released.

Sorairo Square. - Chapter 10's cleans are almost done. Demo will be starting the scanning and translation of chapters 11+ during my offseason, so we'll see more releases then.

Sora ga Kanojo no Seigi nara - Original plan was to release 1 or 2 chapters of this this weekend, but I only had two days off, and I was out all day/night Friday and Saturday, so I had no time to finish the remaining work on 19.

Soutaisei Moteron - This is another series that has unfortunately been neglected while I've been working. Chapters 4 and 5 were translated some time ago, so we'll be releasing those during the offseason, but past that, I don't know. I haven't seen Eru13, much less heard from him since he handed me chapter 5's TL.

Strike the Blood - It looks like chapter 10 will be the last release of this before the anime starts airing early next month. There's a chance we will get chapter 11 out before then, but either way we won't be catching up on it by then.

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san - Scanlation is currently caught up on. Chapter 49 comes out next week in Japan. Chapter 42 has more or less hit the backburner, and all new versions of volume 1+ are

Yumekui Merry - Chapter 64 will be translated soon (sometime today probably), which is the latest chapter. Chapter 65 comes out in October. It's absent from the issue released in September.

Yumekuri - Up to chapter 14 is translated, and once we get over the hump that is chapter 9 with the color spread, we'll catch up on this real quickly.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku o Ketsuishimashita - Someone I know will be releasing the series in another language, and we will be borrowing their cleans for the series. Once we get the cleans, we'll start releasing as we can.

Planned Projects
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko Nya! - The first 3 chapters of this spinoff are translated. My plan is to release all 6 of the chapters at once at some point during my offseason.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 2 - As much as I wanted to, and still want to do this series, all the plans that both myself and Knight had for us to do this series completely fell through. So, for the time being, we will no longer be listing this series as planned. Chances are sometime down the road we'll actually picked it up (barring any good group picking the series up), but for now, everyone will have to stick with Madman's releases.

Sayabito - Sword of Destiny - Our next attempt at a full-on story driven series, opposed to our normal series will have to continue to stay as planned for some time more. As much as I want to do this series, it is a serious undertaking to do this series compared to everything else we've done before. It's not a series I want to start half-heartedly, as it's not a series where we can just throw a chapter together in a few hours or even a couple days.

Tokyo Ravens - New planned project. This is one of two series that are on the top of my list that I want to do, and as Village Idiot, or more precisely, ZeroDC, their admin, doesn't want to joint with us on it, we will be picking up solo as they'll be dropping it. There's another series that we will likely be picking up during my offseason, but that'll be it, as our main focus is to complete and catch up on most of the series we're already doing.

Zetsurin! - The first releases of this will start coming out during my offseason. How often and when they come depend on if we're able to find a permanent translator for the series.

On Hold Projects
Amagoi - We have the final volume of this thanks to Demo, which means we can finally resume, and finish the scanlation of one of our first ever mangas.

Choi Hime - Still lacking usable raws for this, so nothing new.

H2O - Footprints in the Sand - Chapter 6 is translated, and 7 mostly translated, but past that roankun dropped it with 5 chapters to go like Harvest December, so I don't know when we'll be finishing this. At the very least 6 and 7 will be released.

Hagure Yuusha no Kichiku Bigaku - The previous translator we had for this disappeared a while ago, and as this is a Seinen series, finding a translator just to sub-in is not an easy task.

Houkago Wind Orchestra - Chapter 6 will be released during the offseason. After that, roan seems to still list it as a project of his, so we'll see if anything else comes.

Hyouka - We're dropping this series as well, and leaving it to the scanlation group Roselia Scans. As much as I love the series (and Eru), it's just never gotten anywhere for us, and they came to us about doing the project. They're working on chapter 4, and I was told the next release would be coming soon.

Juukinzoku Kanojo - Chapter 9 was translated, and will be released alongside the volume 1 specials during the offseason, but past that we don't have a translator.

MM! - We were supposed to start this a while back with roankun translating it, but that hasn't happened, so I don't quite know if we'll be proceeding with this. So, for the moment this has been removed from our project list.

Mushi to Medama to Teddy Bear - Our release of this was largely a favor to roankun, and since we released chapter 23, I haven't heard anything from him about the rest of the series, so I don't have a clue on when or if we'll see more of this at any point.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - I'm hoping to finish this series during the offseason, as it's only 6 more chapters until completion, but at the moment, I don't know if that'll happen.

Oniichan dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne - Work on this has more or less resumed, but not to a full time extent yet. We got a new translator, Valcherion, who will be doing this series. Right now the plan is to have him translate several chapters over the next month and a half, and go at a somewhat steady pace on the series starting in November.

Princess wa Mimodaeru - This 3 chapter one-shot will be released during the offseason.

Reideen - The final 3 chapters will be released during the offseason.

Saijou no Meii - Unfortunately, we still lack the raws to continue any further with this.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Like Onii Ai before, work on this has resumed as of late too. The pages that need redraws for chapters 6-8 have been cleaned, and sent off to Josh. Once I get those back, the remainder of the chapters will be cleaned, TSed, and released.

Seven Sisters! - Releases of this will be fairly random during my offseason, although not really too infrequent, as the series consistently has very little pages, so I can give it to just about any TL of ours.

Sora no Manimani - Releases of this will be relatively sporadic as with several other series, but they will be coming once again.

12 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm an idiot and I missed it somewhere in that post, but I don't see any mention of 'In Bura!'. I've been anticipating those bonus chapters for ages.

    Please advise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the very least, the second omake will be out during my offseason. But I never heard back from the guy who told me about them in the first place ,who gave me the lq scans of the first one, so I don't know about that one.

      Delete
  2. Whatever happened to Omae o Otaku I liked that one but it seems to have been dropped by scanlators. It would be cool if it came back because it left me wondering what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omae o Otaku remains a series that if iMangaScans officially drops it, that we would pick back up. But at the moment it's still theirs. As for their current status of it, I have no clue.

      Delete
  3. Correction: Merry 65 is in the issue after this, since it's on break this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Someone I know will be releasing the series in another language,"

    Can you say who ?? :)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to know too

      Delete
    2. I only know their username on IRC. I don't know the group or the language that they're releasing it in.

      Delete
    3. So it's not soon, or for the next week ??

      Delete
  5. Just wondering what the status on Happy Negative Marriage might be (judging that it's not on the list anymore not good I assume but still curious as to what plans might be).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HNM remains a series on my list that I wish to do. But the series is Seinen, so finding a translator that is both willing to do it and /can/ do it isn't something too easy. We'll probably look more into doing the series once we finish volume 2 of Puppy Lovers.

      Delete
    2. Right on I'll keep my eyes peeled then, glad to know there's still interest and thanks for doing this crazy amount of series that so many folks enjoy!

      Delete