Monday, June 1, 2015

Welp

Everything after the jump.


It's time to do something I've said before I'd never do, I never wanted to do, and I still don't want to do, but we are dropping several series. There are two reasons for this.

First being that Demo and myself are way too busy with work and real life that our time available to scanlate has just dropped slowly over time and it's gotten to a rather bad point now where releases have become scarce despite translating still continuing by Demo (when he has the time), vhirx, and Sketto. The second being that as much as I hate just the idea of dropping a series, I still want these series to get scanlated, and hope that by dropping them, they may get picked up elsewhere.

For some time now, Renzokusei has been basically myself, the translators, and some outside redrawers from foreign groups who offered to help us. I've always looked to recruit, and I do get a handful of applicants where we need, but they're usually brand new, and as much as I appreciate their willingness to join and help, I don't have the time to train anyone new, nor the time to handle much staff if we actually had it.

With our lack of time and the list of series we piled up before our time got so severely strained, it's just become too much for us to handle. I've been trying for several, several months now to pass on several of our projects (some not listed below), in an effort to get the series scanlated more regularly, but I continue to get shot down.

Before we get to the list of dropped series, I will say this now, that assuming I am still with my current company come the end of October, when the offseason for this job starts, I won't dismiss the idea of picking any of them back up during that time period, should we be able to. And if any group wants to pick up any of the series listed below (and sees this), we're glad to help out.

With all of that said, the following series are now dropped by us;

H20 - Footprints in the Sand (Have a script I think)
Hagure Yuusha no Kichiku Bigaku
Highschool DxD (Have HQ Raws)
Mondaijitachi ga Isekai kara Kuru sou desu yo? (Have a script + hq ch1 raws)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Reideen (Have a script)
Saijou no Meii (Have HQ Raws)
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashii n da ga (Have a script)
Seven Sisters! (Have HQ Raws)
Strike the Blood (Have HQ Raws)

The list above is mostly series that have been on hold for a while, but unfortunately it's more than likely that the amount of series we drop increases down the road. I'll elaborate a bit more on each series in the latest project status post probably this upcoming weekend.

The following series are now on-hold for now, but will resume releases later on once we can focus more on them.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.
Juukinzoku Kanojo
Oniichan dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne
Ore to Ichino no Game Doukoukai Katsudou Nisshi

4 comments:

  1. Ah, damn... A lot of the ones I was most interested in. Hopefully they'll find a good new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Brazilian scanlator, if you want to help cleaners in any manga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reaction after read this

    http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/01-1339551.jpg

    http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/02-1339552.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good. You guys were working on way too many series.

    ReplyDelete