Saturday, March 9, 2013

Update

Sometimes I wonder if I do these update things too often. Updates after the jump.

Bad News I
First, to start off with bad news. unc15, our main translator is currently MIA. He went to Japan for a week late last month, and got back on the morning of the 1st. He was on briefly to say he was back, but since then we haven't heard from him. While it's certainly worrying, I'm not quite ready to panic. Regardless of that, because he's currently gone, all of the series he does for us are currently stalled in their work progression.

These series are: Billionaire Girl 7+, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko 18+, Oniichan dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne 8+, Ore to Ichino no Game Doukoukai Katsudou Nisshi 4+, RealPG 15, Seven Sisters 7+, Sexual Hunter Riot 11+, Sorairo Square 9+, Sore ga Kanojo no Seigi Nara 19+, Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 42, Yuricam - Yurika no Campus Life 1+, as well as our planned projects Kigurumi and Yumekuri. I also advised FTH to look, hopefully for a temporary replacement TL for Seishun Pop, until we get more information.

If it starts getting too long without anything from unc, I'll start searching for replacement translators, but like I said, I'm not quite ready to panic as it's only been a week, and I know from personal experience that stuff can and will come up that just keeps you away.

Bad News II
There was supposed to be more released this past week, but my job had other plans, apparently. While I thought I wouldn't be working this week, I was eventually asked to work Wed-Fri. I had to wake up considerably early every morning to leave for work (1am-3am depending on the day), so I essentially had no time any of those days to do anything. Adding even more onto that, the rest of the month, I'm going to be gone Sun-Thurs instead of the normal Mon-Thurs, leaving me even less time to do any sort of scanlation work.

Random News
I'm going to start posting teasers for upcoming releases of manga through my Batoto account's profile feed, found here: http://www.batoto.net/forums/user/2970-derek/

Probably New Project(s)
Highschool of the Dead - As many already know, the manga is finally coming off of its hiatus. It was also announced in this month's Dragon Age, that it's coming back next month, on April 9th. I've been in talks with Scans of the Dead since February to work on the series with them. While it's not 100% that we will be working on the series with them, it's relatively likely we will be. Though, whether we work with them on the series or not, everyone can rest assured that its scanlation will be resumed right away.

Sora no Otoshimono - This is a series I've had my eye on for some time. There were two reasons that I held back on doing this one, as well as other Suu Minazuki manga. The first being that I had no HQ scans to use. It's not typically a big issue to get scans for a series, but there are just certain types of manga I hate not using HQ scans for. The other being that Suu Minazuki manga, regardless of its genres, have absolutely ridiculous redraws in them, which I am not able to do. Neither of those are problems anymore. I get the magazine its in, and there will be other people doing the cleaning/redrawing. In fact, both chapter 68 and 69 are already cleaned. Also, we have a translator who is interested, but has not committed to doing it just yet. If, and hopefully when he does commit, we'll get the chapters out as quickly as we can.

Ongoing Projects
In Bura! - Chapter 11 has been translated. It is also clean and redrawn. I've been typesetting it today, and it will be released tonight.

Juukinzoku Kanojo - Chapter 8 and the two bonus chapters in volume one are all translated. They're also clean and are being typeset (not by me). They have some redraws, but it's mostly just small/side text.

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou - The bangaihen chapter was translated like a couple weeks ago, and is clean, but still has its redraws. I've started typesetting the pages that don't have redraws, but the redraws have been given to Josh to do, so once they're done, we'll be able to release pretty shortly after that, if not immediately after, depending on how much is typeset by then.

Mayo Chiki! - Chapter 25 is as I said before, typeset. I just have to look it over myself, as well as proofread it and finish its redraws, then just set up with simhauu for release. Chapter 26 is also translated, and is mostly clean. Am going to give it to my TSers at some point this upcoming week.

Mondaiji tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru soudesuyo? - I got fed up waiting on kobe, so I've asked our Spanish friend Josh, to do the color join. Once that is complete, chapter 1/2 will be released. Once they're released, I've gotta pay our raw provider for scans of the next several chapters, and we also recently got a translator applicant interested in the series. So, assuming he passes the test, we'll be set on the series and can move forward on it, finally.

No Game No Life - Chapter 2 is out in Japan. It's been scanned, and is in the process of being cleaned. The chapter will be translated by ER after he's finished doing all the scanning he has to do, which'll probably be sometime this upcoming week, so at the moment I'm aiming for a release next weekend. Also, this chapter semi-introduces my favorite character, Stephanie. \o/

Perowan! - Hayaku! Shinasai Goshujinsama - Chapter 14, 15, 15.5, and 17 are all typeset. 14 and 15 have received roan's QC, and will be released by Locklear on Mon/Tues while I am away at work. 16 and 18 are being typeset, and will be completed soon. The series will have its scanlation completed this month. There are no ifs or maybes, it will be.

Princess wa Mimodaeru - This is the 3 chapter one-shot that had its worked started on by Wangan Scans, and we were asked to finish it. The chapters were typeset, but when I went to look it over for release, I noticed that the cleans were just... terribly done. So, I am regrettably having them redone before we release the chapters. They should be out this month some time, but when exactly I don't know.

Saijou no Meii - We'll be able to do 2 chapters of this series, before we have to purchase the tanks, but it's better than not being able to do any chapters before then. First release will be this month at some point.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - We've finally been given chapter 6's translation from viscoun, yay \o/. Editing has started on the chapter, and it will come out this month. Following chapter 6, we will be switching to a new translator for the series, scarlet.Razelrink. He's already translated chapter 8, and is doing chapter 7 at the moment. So, we'll see rather successive releases for this series for the first time, finally.

Seven Sisters! - Chapter 6 is clean and typeset. It's just got too many redraws for its own good before we can release it.

Sexual Hunter Riot - Chapter 10 is all ready for release, I just have to finish my QC of it before I can release. I was originally planning on having it out a few days ago, but that didn't come to fruition because I had to go to bed considerably earlier than I would've liked because of work.

Soutaisei Moteron - Both chapter 2 and 3 are translated. Chapter 2 is clean, and has someone who will typeset it, I've just had considerable issues getting it uploaded so the typeset can start. Though, even after chapter 2 is typeset, it has a color page with redraws that need to be done, which I still have to find someone who can do.

Strike the Blood - Chapter 6-8 have been scanned, and are (probably) being cleaned by jagman. ER will probably start translating the chapters after he does NGNL 2, after he finishes scanning everything. So there will probably be another chapter or two of the series later this month.

Planned Projects
Puppy Lovers - ER recently emailed Amazon because Shounen Sirius, which we ordered last month as well, had not been shipped yet. Upon receiving their reply, they also pretty slyly fixed the release date for volume 2 of the series. So, the good news here is that instead of September, we only have to wait until the end of April for the volume to come out, and be shipped to us.

Zetsurin! - Volume 1 has been purchased. Hasn't been scanned yet. Don't know about a translator for the series at the moment, though.

On Hold Projects
I've unfortunately added 5 of our previously ongoing projects to an on hold list. These series are:

Amagoi - The main reason for this one is that I've yet to purchase volume 4 for the series, and while I know I will purchase it at some point, I'm hesitant to start on volume 3 without knowing when I will get it, and have it scanned.

Choi Hime - While I do have its volume, I don't have my own scanner to scan it with yet. I will be purchasing my own scanner later on to scan my stuff myself, instead of making ER scan way too much like he's doing right now, but for now it's on hold until I do get that scanner.

Hagure Yuusha no Kichiku Bigaku - The reason for this one is because our translator, Kurosagi, went overseas for work early this year, and while there was asked to stay considerably longer than first thought, and he's going to be gone until mid-Summer at the earliest. Essentially meaning, we have no translator for the series anymore.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - While there is an extra chapter of this which is in progress, that's about all that'll be coming from us anytime soon right now. Which I'm a bit upset about, given that there are only 6 chapters left until its scanlation is completed.

Sora no Manimani - This is a series unc was going to start translating periodically, until we could find a permanent translator for the series, but as he's gone, we're stuck on it as well.

10 comments:

  1. Going MIA is usually not good news, hopefully everything is alright with unc15 but for now let's wait and see.

    Glad to hear you'll be releasing Perowan, no ifs, this month ^^.
    Also, glad to hear you'll probably be picking up Sora no Otoshimono, and hopefully be working along side Scans of the Dead on HotD, I think it would benefit both groups more to work together than to have each one release their own chapter.

    There are a bunch of series I want to read in the list that unc15 is translating + the ones stalled, but since I haven't actually started reading them yet, it's no big deal to wait a little more.

    By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do? Working half the week at night, that's like my dream job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intention of doing the series ourselves, if we don't end up working with Scans of the Dead.

      I inventory stores. The early wake up time is largely because we have to travel to wherever we're going to inventory, and given I live in the northern portion of my state, I generally have to travel fairly far. We occasionally travel outside of the state as well, usually to just surrounding states, but sometimes farther away, depending on who we're helping.

      Delete
    2. Well, Scans of the Dead never really had a big waiting period for releasing HotD and their quality was pretty good, back when it was TorpedoTits at least, still having a pair or two of extra hands should make things go smother.
      Even if you end up not working together, I suppose the series will keep getting their regular releases in good quality, so either way I'm not very worried, I'm just glad it came out of Hiatus.

      That isn't as good as I thought then, assuming that the travelling time doesn't come from your regular work hours.

      Delete
    3. It's definitely not the job for everyone, but I quite enjoy it. Also, we get paid for both the travel time, and the work time.

      Delete
  2. >Picking up SnO
    >Competing with Foolz

    gg, waste of time on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you decided which series you will pick up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a matter of picking up one and not the other. Whether we pick up one, both, or neither is all up to how things play out.

      Delete
  4. I'm really glad that I know what was going on.

    Definitely has me a lot less worried then before, as... A lot of these groups have kinda had issues lately.

    ReplyDelete